BTFit Recipe: Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
The BTFit Cooks are back in the kitchen!! As we are sure you have noticed by now we like muffins. Why? Muffins are a great grab and go snack and they help with proper portion control.
If you like Banana Bread these muffins are for YOU without the unwanted fat and sugar!
Enjoy this treat filled with fit ingredients to fuel your body!
Servings: 9 Muffins
Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- 1 ½ cups Almond Flour *
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 8 Stevia Packets
- 1 cup Mashed Banana
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 Egg
- 2 Egg Whites (You can use Liquid Egg Whites)
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Dark Chocolate Chips (5 per muffin)
* The Almond Flour gives these muffins great flavor and it is a great substitute for making recipes gluten free. Almond Flour can be found at a variety of stores including Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods and you may even find it in your local grocery store. It can also be made by processing raw almonds in a food processor until flour is formed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a non-stick muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix all wet ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Fill muffins cups ¾ of the way full.
- Add 5 dark chocolate chips to the top of each muffin then use a straw to press the chips down into the muffin.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to sit in pan for 5 minutes after baking.
- Remove and place on cooling rack.
Nutrition (per muffin):
182 Calories / 13g Fat / 195mg Sodium / 15g Carbohydrates / 6g Sugars / 3g Fiber / 7g Protein