BTFit Recipe: Pumpkin Muffins
Tis the season for adding pumpkin to our recipes…packed with great flavor and healthy nutrients! These are great for a between meal snack or as great addition to a meal. And with the great nutrition value of these muffins, you will feel like you are getting a treat without the guilt!
Enjoy…let us know what you think!
Servings: 9 Muffins
Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- 1 ½ cups Almond Flour *
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- 10 Stevia Packets
- 1 cup Pumpkin
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 4 Egg Whites
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- Dark Chocolate Chips (5 per muffin)
* The Almond Flour gives these muffins great flavor and it is a great substitute for making recipes gluten free. Almond Flour can be found at a variety of stores including Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods and you may even find it in your local grocery store. It can also be made by processing raw almonds in a food processor until flour is formed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a non-stick muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Mix all wet ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Fill muffins cups ¾ of the way full.
- Add 5 dark chocolate chips to the top of each muffin then use a straw to press the chips down into the muffin. Smooth the batter so that chips are not showing.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to sit in pan for 5 minutes after baking.
- Remove and place on cooling rack.
Nutrition (per muffin):
167Calories / 12g Fat / 195mg Sodium / 10g Carbohydrates / 6g Sugars / 4g Fiber / 7g Protein