BTFit Recipe: Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins
What we love about this Better Together Fitness Recipe of the Week…
Tis the season for adding pumpkin to our recipes. Pumpkin is full off vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. Full of goodness for you body! We also love that this breakfast/snack is portable. We are all busy, but with this easy grab and go item you have no excuses not to eat.
Servings: 20 Muffins
Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 cup Pure Pumpkin
- 1 Banana, mashed
- 6 packets of Stevia
- 5 cups, Old Fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup Skim Milk
- 1 ¾ Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- (Can use all Skim Milk if you don’t have Almond Milk)
- 1/4 cup Flaxseed Meal
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Optional toppings: raisins, walnuts, almonds, dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix eggs, vanilla, applesauce, pumpkin, banana and Stevia together in a bowl.
- Add in oats, salt, baking powder, flax and cinnamon and mix well with wet ingredients.
- Finally pour in milk and combine.
- Spray a 12 and 8 capacity muffin tin with cooking spray or use cupcake liners.
- Pour mixture evenly into muffin tin cups.
- If using toppings add them onto the tops of muffins now. If using fresh or frozen fruit, drop it right into the batter.
- Bake 28-30 minutes until a toothpick in center comes out clean.
- Cool and enjoy or freeze them in gallon freezer bags.
- To thaw just pull out the muffin and refrigerate overnight.
Nutrition Info: (Per Muffin)
(Includes 4 Dark Chocolate Chips and 1 tsp Ground Almonds per Muffin )
- 145 Calories
- 5g Fat
- 221mg Sodium
- 21g Carbohydrates
- 4g Sugars
- 4g Fiber
- 4g Protein
Posted on September 6, 2012, in Nutrition, Recipes, Uncategorized and tagged Better Together Fitness, clean creation, clean eating, food, muffin, nutrition, oatmeal, pumpkin, recipe. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.